Respondus is a Windows-based program that can be used to create and manage exams and quizzes for print or publication in a learning management system. As you consider migrating your course from one LMS to another, Respondus is a powerful tool to ensure that your exams are easily migrated to your new LMS. The directions listed below will guide you through migrating your exams into Canvas. The overall process for exam retrieval is to use Respondus to connect to Pearson Learningstudio (eCollege), download your exam by creating a Respondus file, create a new file for Canvas and then to upload it to Canvas.
Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance.
More Info from Respondus
Access Respondus via Rutgers Site License
The site license for Respondus is managed by the Rutgers Office of Instructional & Research Technology. To gain access to the OIRT Software site, please email OIRT at email@example.com. You will be added to a Sakai site, OIRT Software, where you can download the installation program and installation password. The password is updated yearly so you will need to visit the Sakai site yearly to retrieve the new password.
Because the current version of Respondus is not fully compatible with eCollege, users will need to install a previous version of Respondus. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the older file. During migration from eCollege to Canvas, it is recommended that you do not check for or accept software updates for Respondus.
Retrieve your exam from eCollege/Pearson LearningStudio
If you are using question pools (also known as questions banks), all questions will be brought over. If you use more than one question pool per exam, it is recommended that you create separate exams in eCollege, one for each question pool, so that the different pools are not combined into one pool upon import to Canvas.
- Establish an alternative login method to eCollege. Respondus cannot authenticate into your online courses through Rutgers NetID login.
- Open Respondus.
- Choose an LMS Personality: eCollege
- Click the Retrieval tab.
- Under Choose Server, select - add new server.
- In the “Add New Server Settings” popup window, choose No, I want to enter the server settings manually.
- Click Next.
- In another browser window, log into Pearson LearningStudio/eCollege using your non-NetID password.
- Copy and paste the URL from your eCollege Academics home-page into the address box in Step 2 of the Respondus dialog, as shown below.
- Select Extract under Step 3. The url listed should be rutgersonline.net.
- Complete Step 4 in the Respondus dialog using your alternate login username and password.
- Click OK.
- In the Retrieval tab, continue with Step 2 to select your course, the unit, and test or quiz in the Retrieval tab’s dropdowns.
- In Step 5 of the Retrieval tab, you will create a new Respondus file to receive the exam questions from eCollege. It is recommended that you title the file with the name of the assessment, course title, and LMS, e.g., final exam - Demo Course - eCollege.
- Click Retrieve. You may receive an error report that lists issues and question numbers. If so, take note of the issues and numbers.
- Review your questions and correct any issues in the Edit Tab.
Import Your Questions into Canvas
During the next part of the process, you will need to create an alternate log in for Canvas by contacting the Rutgers Online Learning Help Desk, create a new file for Respondus, and import your questions into your Canvas course site.
- In Respondus, click on the Start tab.
- Under Current Personality, select Instructure Canvas. A new dialog box will appear. Click OK.
- Create a new file name. This will create a new Respondus file. It is recommended to include the exam name, course name, and the destination LMS (Canvas), e.g., Final Exam - Demo Course - Canvas.
- Click Save As A New File.
- Click the Preview & Publish tab.
- Select Publish to Canvas in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Publish Wizard button.
- In the dialog window that comes up, click on - add new server. Select No, I want to enter the server settings manually. Then click Next.
- From your Rutgers Canvas account, log in to any course. Copy and paste the url into Step 2 of the Respondus dialog. You must be in a course, and not copy the URL for the dashboard.
- Click Extract in Step 3 of the Respondus dialog. The URL listed should be https://rutgers.instructure.com/api/respondus/soap.
- Complete Step 4 and 5 in the Respondus dialog using your alternate login username and password for Canvas. For NetID users, the user name will be your Rutgers NetID. The password will be the one you established when you created your alternate login password.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- In Step 1 of the Respondus Publish Wizard dialog, select the assessment type (i.e. quiz or question bank). If you used question banks in eCollege, upload each question bank separately.
- Click Next.
- From the Respondus dialog, select your course. If you are appending a quiz, open the course folder and select the quiz in the course folder.
- Click Next.
- Wait for Respondus to complete the quiz upload. This may take several minutes.